[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] 6523398: sun.java2d.cmm.lcms.LCMS.setTagData

Dmitri Trembovetski Dmitri.Trembovetski at Sun.COM
Mon Apr 7 22:36:40 UTC 2008

Keith Seitz wrote:
> Dmitri Trembovetski wrote:
>
>>   According to this bug:
>>     6523402: OSS CMM: Some quality problems with GRAY, PYCC and CIEXYZ
>> color spaces with lcms library
>>   it should have worked with GRAY profile (albeit with some
>>   quality issues).
>
> Yes, the supplied GRAY.pf *does* work, and no one would probably ever
> notice that the file is not properly formatted until someone (like me!)
> tried to implement LCMS.setTagData. As it is, I have edited the binary
> file to add two more pad bytes at the end of the file and update the
> header's size. That appears to fix everything (including the problems I
> was having with my patch) and bring the file back into compliance with
> the ICC specification.
>
> I would encourage you to make the same alteration to your GRAY.pf, too.

   Are you going to contribute the fix for setTagData? If so
   you can probably make this updated version of GRAY.pf part
   of the fix, or file a separate bug.

   Thanks,
     Dmitri