[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Project Proposal: "XRender Java2D Backend"

Phil Race Phil.Race at Sun.COM
Thu Apr 10 18:05:44 UTC 2008

Clemens,
The URL you referenced says :

 >A new Project may be proposed by a Member of any existing Group by sending a message
to >the announcement list, with replies directed to the general discussion list.

So the proposal should go to announce at openjdk.java.net, not the 2D list.

See for example the recent proposal by Neal Gafter.
And could propose that himself because he is a member of the compiler group,
you will need to ask a member of a group (presumably the 2D group) to propose it
for you. Since Dmitri already voted for it, he looks like a good candidate to
help out :)

-phil.