[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] PostScript generation

Michael Pozhidaev msp at altlinux.ru
Wed Jan 23 14:35:47 UTC 2008

Hello, everybody!
It is my first post to this list. Sorry, if I have chosen the list incorrectly.
I don't want to be disturbing. Please, point me to the another one, if there is the better place to discuss this problem.
The problem, I can not solve, is in postscript generator in Java.
I am using java (both 1.4.2 and 1.6) in Russian GNU/Linux distribution - AltLinux.
On my machine CUPS 1.2.10 is installed and I have HP LaserJet 1000 connected and configured.
My Java prints, generated with jasperreports, are placed incorrectly on the page,
moved up on 2-3cm and exceed  the page border.
When I ask Java to save ps output to the file, this file can be
viewed with gs or evince. Direct call of gs with command line produces correct image,
but in evince there is the same problem as in printing.
All other applications on my machine make their prints perfectly without
any problems. My friend tried to make prints in the same system, but
with another HP laser printer, and he got a completely wrong page, just with two letters "IB" on it.
I think, is CUPS providing to Java any information about the installed printer (anything like PPPD file)?
Maybe this information is wrong for my printer or Java is not able to process it correctly?
I can sent to anybody the ps files I have received with Java and which
can not be printed correctly.
Please, help me to solve this problem.! Thanks! :)
--
With best wishes. Michael Pozhidaev.
Tomsk State University.