[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Rotation per-pixel accuracy

Jim Graham Jim.A.Graham at Sun.COM
Fri Jun 6 20:38:41 UTC 2008

Good to hear it as it avoids some hard decisions.

Per-pixel consistency is always the desired goal, but sometimes you have
to look at what is possible to accomplish with the APIs we depend on and
make some hard decisions.  If it would take a "work around" technique
that would take 100x as long in order to get per-pixel accuracy we start
looking the other way, when it takes only 20% longer, we usually go for
it and somewhere in between is a line we've never really drawn very well.

And then there is always the possibility that a fresh approach will
discover a new way to get per-pixel accuracy without any performance
hits and so we sometimes stall on the hard question waiting for someone
to have a flash of inspiration.  :-(

So, all in all, good to hear that we don't have to make a decision
here... ;-)

			...jim