[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] PATCH: drawString/drawTextlayout with fon trotation

Phil Race Phil.Race at Sun.COM
Mon May 5 19:16:15 UTC 2008

Doug,

Douglas Felt wrote:
> When the font transform has a rotation and offset, Openjdk 7 doesn't
> position text the same in drawString and TextLayout.
>
> There are still small discrepancies but this fixes the main problem.

Yes, I see this fixes the case for FRACTIONALMETRICS_ON, but there's
also a problem with the non-FM case. The rotated advances are
rounded so drawString deviates from the theoretical rotated baseline,
whereas TextLayout doesn't. I'll also fix that so it behaves the same
in both cases, and is also then consistent with the commercial JDK.
I've filed bug 6697721 to track this.

The change to AttributeValues is needed but in fact was already
made as part of fix 6683472 - which was affecting 6u10.
I can easily re-use the regression test from that bug, so I
don't need to ask for a test in this case.

-phil