[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Thoughts about font implementation

Roman Kennke roman at kennke.org
Tue Oct 14 21:25:53 UTC 2008

> Am i understanding this correctly and this adds new TrueType constructor
> that is not used in the OpenJDK itself?

For now, yes. (I'm using this in my own FontManager implementation in
the JamaicaVM, to load fonts from ROM instead of files. But this
requires the FontManager refactoring in Caciocavallo too...) I will most
likely add more alternative code paths on top of it later (for example,
for Font.createFont(InputStream) to not create a temporary file, or
generally for creating fonts using mmapped files instead of RAF,
possibly activated by a system property or so). I was thinking that it
would be easier to review if I send a minimal patch for the start.

/Roman

--
http://kennke.org/blog/