[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] <AWT Dev> One or many GraphicsConfiguration(s) per toplevel?

Dmitri Trembovetski Dmitri.Trembovetski at Sun.COM
Wed Jan 21 17:40:06 UTC 2009

Anthony Petrov wrote:
> Hi Roman,
>
> On 01/21/2009 06:17 PM Roman Kennke wrote:
>>> The question is: is it really possible for one toplevel to contain
>>> components having different GraphicsDevice's (and/or different
>>> GraphicsConfiguration's)?
>>
>> Not sure, but in Xinerama-mode, when half of a window is on one screen
>> and the other half on the other, I guess there could be components
>> inside that have different GDs.
> Yes, the components may physically be located on different screens,
> however I'm not 100% certain if they have different GD/GC from the point
> of view of Java at such moment. Hence the question.

   AFAIK we only update the GC/GD on toplevel movement (not component movement),
   so all components inside a toplevel should have the same GC/GD
   (barring bugs).

   Thanks,
     Dmitri