[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] <AWT Dev> Review Request for 6879044

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at Sun.COM
Wed Sep 23 11:41:43 UTC 2009

Anthony Petrov wrote:
> Hi Mandy,
>
> If AWT initialized the loggers lazily, and only did it when the
> logging is actually enabled (checking for some system property, or
> whatever other way), would we still be statically linked to the
> j.u.logging package in case of a regular client application that does
> not use/enable logging explicitly?
Yes, minimally they should be created lazily (this is one of the
suggestions that Mandy listed in 6880089). That would at least avoid
initializing all these loggers. The static dependency remains.

-Alan.