[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] OpenJDK Warning hackathon :) - patch 1

Mario Torre neugens.limasoftware at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 23:41:01 UTC 2011

Il giorno 02/dic/2011, alle ore 00:31, Phil Race ha scritto:
> I'm not sure if the right strategy is to use @SuppressWarnings  so much.
> Did you think they were justified, or was it too risky to change ? If the
> latter might be better to leave the warnings. Judgement call here.

Hi Phil,

Yeah, I can leave the warning like I did for the SunGraphics2D itself.

I add the suppress warning for a reason in this case, since the API seems
to actually use the map in few places, I didn't want to risk for a signature
change, and I thought that was not actually really needed after all, but I'm
happy to leave the warning until further analysis.

> 28 import static sun.java2d.opengl.OGLContext.OGLContextCaps.CAPS_EXT_GRAD_SHADER;
> 29 import static sun.java2d.pipe.BufferedPaints.MULTI_MAX_FRACTIONS;
>
> I think these should go after the rest of the sun.java2d imports
> rather than at the top.
> Please move these in the various files you added in such order

Ok, I'll fix with the proper ordering.

> 28 import static sun.java2d.pipe.BufferedOpCodes.RESET_PAINT; 29 import static sun.java2d.pipe.BufferedOpCodes.SET_COLOR; 30 import static sun.java2d.pipe.BufferedOpCodes.SET_GRADIENT_PAINT; 31 import static sun.java2d.pipe.BufferedOpCodes.SET_LINEAR_GRADIENT_PAINT; 32 import static sun.java2d.pipe.BufferedOpCodes.SET_RADIAL_GRADIENT_PAINT; 33 import static sun.java2d.pipe.BufferedOpCodes.SET_TEXTURE_PAINT;
>
> what is the compiler warning that motivated this ?
> Was  it really to instead have had just one line ..
> import static sun.java2d.pipe.BufferedOpCodes.*;

No compiler warning, it was my eclipse complaining and I though that while at it I could cleanup this too.

> I filed bug 7117914: Fix javac warnings in src/share/classes/sun/java2d
> for you to use when you are ready and have found a second reviewer ..

Ok so, I'll prepare a patch tomorrow then (it's 1 am now here :) I think Artem
(in cc) started to review the patch as well so he could be my second reviewer.

Thanks,
Mario

---
pgp key: http://subkeys.pgp.net/ PGP Key ID: 80F240CF
Fingerprint: BA39 9666 94EC 8B73 27FA  FC7C 4086 63E3 80F2 40CF

http://www.ladybug-studio.com

IcedRobot: www.icedrobot.org
Proud GNU Classpath developer: http://www.classpath.org/
Read About us at: http://planet.classpath.org