[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] OpenJDK Warning hackathon :) - patch 1

Mario Torre neugens.limasoftware at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 20:22:44 UTC 2011

Il giorno 30/nov/2011, alle ore 21:04, Phil Race ha scritto:
> Is this a default javac warning or just from the lint option ?
> Any way, fair enough,  fix looks fine, although you seem to be getting an early start on warnings day.
> I think its right to handle these on the 2D list as that's the right
> place to ask for a review -- and to push into the 2D forest.
> I suggest that if you have a bunch of these that you
> make minimise the number of patches, hence the number of commits .. and
> the number of bug IDs. Semi-related or similar fixes under one ID, resort to
> a new one for less related changes.
>
> BTW the warnings day seems to have decided to focus on java.* classes
> but I have no issue with others being fixed. Just declare your intent as to
> where you are looking to avoid duplication.
>
> -phil.

Hi Phil,

Thanks for reviewing it.

Right, I will pack together all the related fixes then and resubmit the patch so we just create one Bug ID.

It will take a bit, since I'm out for few hours now, I'll send the patch for review directly on the 2D mailing list later.

I have JAVAC_MAX_WARNINGS=true, not sure if it's also a default javac warning, I've seen this
type of warning before though.

Btw, on the other mailing lists they are also discussing about the warnings day, so I guess I'm not so early ;)
Is a very cool thing in my opinion, I hope more people gets interested and involved.

Cheers,
Mario
---
pgp key: http://subkeys.pgp.net/ PGP Key ID: 80F240CF
Fingerprint: BA39 9666 94EC 8B73 27FA  FC7C 4086 63E3 80F2 40CF

http://www.ladybug-studio.com

IcedRobot: www.icedrobot.org
Proud GNU Classpath developer: http://www.classpath.org/
Read About us at: http://planet.classpath.org