[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] AAShapePipe concurrency & memory waste

Sergey Bylokhov Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Wed Apr 10 22:59:53 UTC 2013

On 4/10/13 11:46 PM, Laurent Bourgès wrote:
>> I see that some methods which take it as argument doesn't use them. And
>> most of the time we pass AATileGenerator and abox[] to the same methods, so
>> it could be merged?
>>
> For now I did not want to modify the AAShapePipe signatures: abox[] is
> filled by AATileGenerator implementations (ductus, pisces, others) in order
> to have the shape bounds and render only tiles covering this area.
You still have to check all the places, where these objects are filled
and used, and refactoring is a good start, no?
Otherwise, how can you prove that these arrays are used as you would
expect, These arrays could be stored like the cache or re-used for other
purpose(if someone don't want to create new arrays).
Probably it will be good to split all your changes / to a few CR.
  - cleanup
  - Some small changes which gave us most speedup
  - all other things.
??

--
Best regards, Sergey.