[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] sun.java2D.Pisces renderer Performance and Memory enhancements

Laurent Bourgès bourges.laurent at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 04:52:54 UTC 2013

Hi clemens

Le 17 avr. 2013 23:16, "Clemens Eisserer" <linuxhippy at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi Laurent,
>
>> thanks for having some interest for my efforts !
>> As I got almost no feedback, I felt quite disappointed and was thinking
that improving pisces was not important ...

> Glad to see work is ongoing to improve pisces's performance :)

Thanks a lot: I am working on pisces during my spare time and
congratulations is very important for my motivation.

> I had a look at the patch just to be curious (I don't have reviewer
status), but to be honest I had troubles finding the relevant parts.

I agree I modify the code to help me understanding it : @override, grouped
fields, constant first, debug logs ...

I can revert most of these boilerplates ... during cleanup.

I sent the patch as webrev to let other people evaluate its performance
using their own platform, work load, benchmarks ...

> Having not followed the discussion that closely, it was almost impossible
for me to extract the real modifications from boilerplate/refactoring as
your patch weights almost 3000 modified lines.

I looked at the webrev and I advocate I can discard many line changes.
As I use netbeans, it modified the code so easily... nevermind.

> I am just an intrested observer without any official state, yet
personally I would prefer smaller pieces with clear description/title.
> However, I wouldn't want to cause you additional work and it's just a
single opinion.

Ok. I mainly modified memory handling: use a renderer cache to reuse arrays
and pisces class instances to avoid too much allocations and resizing ...
stored in thread local or concurrent queue.

> Thanks for working on pisces!

Thanks for your feedback too.

Laurent