[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Missing com/sun/image/codec/jpeg/ classes in openJDK7

Phil Race philip.race at oracle.com
Wed Jun 26 23:09:22 UTC 2013

I do not know in which JDK 6 it was you saw these files but I doubt it
was an OpenJDK.
These files are closed source, so could not be in OpenJDK and in any case
are not part of the Java SE spec.
If you need these classes you will need to use an Oracle JDK download,
however
their use has been discouraged since Image I/O was added in JDK 1.4 over
10 years ago.

-phil.