[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Custom rendering engines in jk9

Laurent Bourgès bourges.laurent at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 07:10:00 UTC 2014

Phil,

Le 1 avr. 2014 23:42, "Phil Race" <philip.race at oracle.com> a écrit :

> Hi Laurent,
>
> Yes, we'll keep the system property (at least for JDK 9) that should
support
> Class.forName usage. In the JDK I expect well just look for ductus by name
> then "pisces", all hard-coded, but the system property would be an
over-ride.

It seems great and well enough.

> Its just using the ServiceLoader to then locate the class that is causing
> extra work for jigsaw so we are removing it since its not a supported API.
> So you may need to make a small change but  perhaps even nothing ...

No problem.

Depending on the merge process between marlin & pisces (total or partial),
marlin may still evolve in future as an alternative renderer (more tuning
options or specific features...)

For now to use marlin, I use the bootclasspath append option to load the
marlin classes. Will it still work on jdk9 ?

> With Jigsaw in JDK 9, the access control rules will be extended to
support encapsulation and you won't be able to access the JDK internal APIs
(which is orthogonal to JDK-8039975.

Mandy, could you explain me the new access control rule? Do you mean that
marlin can not access to jdk internal api anymore (forbidden package
accesses) ?

Regards,
Laurent