[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Review request for JDK-8032527: fix the errors reported by doclint report in jdk repo

Phil Race philip.race at oracle.com
Tue Mar 18 20:45:46 UTC 2014

Hi,

A little context might help here  as I couldn't  see why doclint is
reporting a problem
since the links seem to work.

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/awt/geom/Path2D.html

I searched and found https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8025244
where it was suggested doclint was wrong on exactly this javadoc.
For reasons I don't understand (since the link works fine) Jon said it
was wrong.
In an off-line conversation I am told that javadoc tool implementation
didn't do what
the spec. said it should, so the form you are proposing is what is
supposed to work.
But since JDK 8 public javadoc is just fine that's confusing.

The javadoc people they aren't sure where the javadoc
behaviour change was pushed and its an incompatible change.

So question #1 : does the jdk9 generated javadoc actually link properly
with this change ?
And question #2: does doclint on JDK 9 now pass this cleanly with this
change
- ie no new warnings and this warning is gone

-phil.