[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: 8038875: Remove use of ServiceLoader in finding class implementing sun.java2d.pipe. RenderingEngine

Phil Race philip.race at oracle.com
Wed May 7 18:26:21 UTC 2014

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~prr/8038875/

This is in support of modularisation (ie jigsaw). After the fix
alternate implementations
are loaded using Class.forName() as specified by the system property
sun.java2d.renderer. Note that only the built-in ones are actually supported
The mechanism is just for testing.

BTW since it happens that Oracle JDK includes the pisces classes as well
as the closed source ductus I note that its possible to compare the
performance
or other characteristics easily in a closed build which has both by
specifying
to use pisces instead of ductus.

There's no regression test associated with this. I tested open & closed
builds
(created for all platforms) with standard demos.