[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] <AWT Dev> JDK-8041679 Replace uses of StringBuffer with StringBuilder within the JDK

Phil Race philip.race at oracle.com
Fri May 16 19:33:41 UTC 2014

On 5/16/2014 5:13 AM, Paul Sandoz wrote:
> On May 14, 2014, at 11:05 AM, Alan Bateman <Alan.Bateman at oracle.com> wrote:
>>> :
>>>
>>> This code is under src/share/classes, so it's not clear to me what classes i can modify and push in the jdk9-dev/jdk repo or not. It's confusing! Is there a list online somewhere?
>>>
>>> Out of all the classes here:
>>>
>>>    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psandoz/jdk9/sb/JDK-8041679-buffer-to-builder-media/webrev/
>>>
>>> exactly which ones should be pushed to the client forest and which ones to the jdk9-dev forest? all of them, or just a sub-set?
All of the classes in that webrev are client (awt/swing/2d) so should go
to client.

BTW I am behind on email but w.r.t the variable changes, then if you at
least make it consistent that
will be fine by me.

 > -phil. Is there a white-list of packages available to determine which
classes should be pushed to the client jdk repo rather than the dev jdk
repo?

Any public API with a package prefix that begins with
java.applet, java.awt, java.beans,  javax.imageio, javax.print,
javax.sound, javax.swing
and all implementation classes thereof ..