[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Why are java images type not serializable ?

Jim Graham james.graham at oracle.com
Tue Mar 10 21:18:53 UTC 2015

Just to clarify - what I've described here is not necessarily a hard and
fast reason why it can't be done, but more the issues and considerations
that go into why we haven't done it in the past.  That, and the fact
that there isn't a big history of this being requested (insofar as I
don't remember there being a bug/rfe filed against it).

It should certainly be filed as an RFE and we can discuss the technical
hurdles and the workarounds in that context and gauge the level of
interest from the community...

			...jim