[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Won't fix https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8069312 ??

Phil Race philip.race at oracle.com
Tue Mar 24 17:16:18 UTC 2015

I think this is a round-about way of saying that Oracle is moving
its OpenJDK efforts off 7 to focus on just jdk8u and jdk9 and
the sustaining engineering group won't be proactively backporting
it to any Oracle JDK7 update release, which is probably just security
releases going forward.

Now, since this regression was new in 7u65 I do think it important
to fix in any 7 train that we might expect people to use .. so
I am sure the new maintainer of openjdk 7 updates will be happy
to let it in and perhaps it should have been fixed in 7-pool whatever
that really means, but that's up to someone else.

However I am not sure how the openjdk7 fixes will be tracked going forward
i.e is it still JBS but there is some other target release value that
should be being used ?

-phil.