[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Provide a way to make MultiResolutionImage screen compatible

Sergey Bylokhov Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Sat Mar 28 00:31:42 UTC 2015

28.03.15 0:50, Jim Graham wrote:
> On 3/27/15 3:48 AM, Hendrik Schreiber wrote:
>
> That's an odd bug.  I'll note that it points out that we had missing
> loops in the OpenGL pipeline to directly deal with the non-PRE data
> and it links to a bug that adds those loops for more direct handling.
Actually not, the second bug adds a loop which transform non-PRE surface
to the PRE surface on the fly in software and scale it via OGL(before
that, conversion and scale were done in software via transformhelper).
In the JDK-8059943 we save one blit, which transform non_PRE BI to PRE.
Plus it saves one more blit when we try to cache non_PRE BI into vram
because this operation will be done via OGLGeneralBlit which also
convert non-PRE to PRE on the fly.

--
Best regards, Sergey.