[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] <AWT Dev> [9] Review Request: JDK-8041900 [macosx] Java forces the use of discrete GPU

Phil Race philip.race at oracle.com
Wed May 27 21:53:07 UTC 2015

Hello Denis,

Once lots of people start to use the integrated CPU I suppose there is a
non-zero
likelihood of crashes and other problems with that too.
I would like to see this (a) selected based on battery or similar, not
fixed,
(b) made controllable by a flag or similar,
and once that is done, get a lot of JDK9 bake time.
To be suitable for JDK 8u it would have to be "off by default".

-phil.