[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [9] Review request for 8137571 Linux HiDPI Graphics support

Jim Graham james.graham at oracle.com
Tue Nov 10 19:26:59 UTC 2015

On 11/10/15 5:07 AM, Alexander Scherbatiy wrote:
>> On 11/6/15 2:00 AM, Alexander Scherbatiy wrote:
>>>
>>>   Could you review the updated fix:
>>>     http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~alexsch/8137571/webrev.03/
>>>
>>>    - pixbuf is freed in the awt_Robot.c
>>>    - screenWidth/Height is rescaled in the XToolkit.initScreenSize()
>>> method
>>
>> Is there also a position that needs to be adjusted?  Is the convention
>> that all screens should be directly adjacent, or can they float with
>> gaps between them?
>
>     The toolkit does not provide method to get the primary screen position.
>     I thought about adjusting screens with different scaling but it
> looks like it is an additional task which can be handled in a separated
> bug.

True.  In particular, I'm not sure how Linux deals with this, but I find
that on Win 8.1 HiDPI the screen bounds we get from Windows are already
non-adjacent in many mixed-DPI cases.

>      It could be better to move the question about location, sizes and
> distances scaling to a separate bug. The same question I also have for
> the Windows HiDPI Graphics support.

That's also something that might be helped by getting this out there and
getting feedback and test cases on where the current rounding might not
do the best thing...

			...jim