[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Review request for 8069348 SunGraphics2D.copyArea() does not properly work for scaled graphics in D3D

Sergey Bylokhov Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Fri Nov 20 15:38:52 UTC 2015

On 20.11.15 14:49, Alexander Scherbatiy wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Could you review the fix:
>    bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8069348
>    webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~alexsch/8069348/webrev.00
>
>    For some reasons Blit operation does not properly work in the
> SunGraphics2D.copyArea() method
>    with scaled transform neither on Windows nor on Mac OS X.
>    I have filled an issue on it: JDK-8143392 SunGraphics2D.copyArea()
> does not properly handle Blit operation

Interesting.

>    The current solution updates D3DSurfaceData.copyArea() to handle
> scaled graphics in the same way
>    as it has been already done for the CGLSurfaceData (see JDK-8000629
> [macosx] Blurry rendering with Java 7 on Retina display).

Note that this fix does not help ogl on windows right? because on
windows the usual ogl blit should be used since the fix for retina was
osx specific. Or it works properly?

>    May be there is a way to avoid the code duplication: put it to some
> SurfaceDataUtils class (it also
>    requires adding parent copyArea() method to BufferedRenderPipe) or
> something else. I am not sure about the best option.

This is up to the 2d team, but I think yes, it will be better to move it
somewhere because after the current fix the different pipelines will
behave differently on different platforms for a different transformations =(

--
Best regards, Sergey.