[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] <OpenJDK 2D-Dev> Review request for JDK - 8041501 : ImageIO reader is not capable of reading JPEGs without JFIF header

Jayathirth D V jayathirth.d.v at oracle.com
Mon Nov 23 10:39:41 UTC 2015

Hello All,

Please review following fix in JDK9:

Bug : https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8041501

Webrev : http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jdv/8041501/webrev.00/

Issue : Pink discoloration when we read JPEG images without JFIF & EXIF header and having no subsampling.

Root cause : We are overriding JPEG color space set in IJG library at imageioJPEG.c without checking component ID's properly when JFIF & EXIF are not there. Decision to change color space is solely done consulting sampling factors.

Solution : Added extra check to verify component ID's also before changing color space determined by IJG library when there is no JFIF & EXIF header.

Thanks,

Jay