[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] <AWT Dev> RFR(XS): 8160721: Avoid deoptimizations in Font.equals.

Volker Simonis volker.simonis at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 10:08:49 UTC 2016

Hi Goetz,

it would be really interesting to see the use case where this has been
a performance issue.

But even without that I agree with your comments in the bug. Phil's
fear that you introduce an extra 'instanceof' check for the positive
case is unfounded. I've attached a small example program to the bug
which shows that the common case is the same for both version, only
the uncommon version where the paramter is not a Font object is
slightly more complicated in the original version because of the extra
exception handling code.

So in general the change looks good!
Please push it to the client repo.

Regards,