[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Marlin vs OpenPisces

Jim Graham james.graham at oracle.com
Thu Oct 13 20:24:32 UTC 2016

I'm trying to track down the old history after a lot of file moves, but here is what I have so far:

(Note that some of these only apply when we use it in non-AA mode where we set the number of subpixel samples to 1x1)

https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8092682  (non-AA: changing BND constants)
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8094493  (needed for non-AA, but applicable to AA)
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8094313  (first attempt to use for both AA/non-AA)
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8088013  (fixed, then backed out, replaced by 8094313)
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8097787  (likely the dash fixes you noted below)
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8119693  (AIOOB in dash array growth)

At that point, the files were moved from another repo during a huge open-sourcing effort so I'll need a little more
digging to find further history.

Also, I don't think there is any history for "changes that were made when we ported it from the JDK".  I don't think
there were any "bug fixes" during that work for the initial commit, though, so we can probably assume that the change
logs (when I can find the pre-open-source list) were the sum total of all of the bug fixes...

				...jim