[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [10] RFR 8078192: Path2D storage trimming

Prahalad Kumar Narayanan prahalad.kumar.narayanan at oracle.com
Thu Apr 20 09:55:29 UTC 2017

Looks good to me.

Thanks
Have a good day

Prahalad N.

From: Laurent Bourgès [mailto:bourges.laurent at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2017 11:51 AM
To: Prahalad Kumar Narayanan
Cc: 2d-dev at openjdk.java.net
Subject: Re: [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [10] RFR 8078192: Path2D storage trimming

Hello,
Here is an updated webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~lbourges/path2D/Path2D-8078192.1/
I fixed the copyright dates and the javadoc as you proposed (I initially derived the javadoc from Vector.trimToSize)
Thanks,
Laurent

Hello Laurent

The code changes look good.
    . The new method trimToSize effectively does the same operation (Arrays.copyOf) as done by the copy contructors.
    . The test file- Path2DCopyConstructor now tests after executing the methods pathObj.trimToSize and pathObj.clone

With regard to the text in Javadoc comments
    . I felt, the first line clearly explains the operation -
               "Trims the capacity of this Path2D instance to its current size."
    . The immediate following line is redundant and may not be required -
               "If the capacity .. is larger than its current size... "
    . The third line will be required till the end of the comments -
               "An application can use ... minimize the storage of a path. ... since 10"
    . This is my observation. You could wait for other suggestions.

Btw, the copyright year should be changed to 2017 in both Path2D.java and the test file.
(Some use automation scripts that modify the year at the time of check-in. If so, kindly ignore the observation)

Thanks
Have a good day

Prahalad N.

Message: 1