[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [9] RFR: JDK-8167278: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when calling ImageIO.read(InputStream) with RLE4 BMP

Jayathirth D V jayathirth.d.v at oracle.com
Thu Jan 19 07:05:38 UTC 2017

Hi Prahalad,

Please find my observations :

1) Since you have moved calculation of "lineStride" to different function I think we can optimize it more by moving the calculation of lineStride inside the "else if ((lineNo - sourceRegion.y) % scaleY == 0)" because it is not used in "if (noTransform)" case.

2) Also there is small typo at line 1670 "// REL4 decoding" and please remove trailing spaces in test case before pushing.

Apart from these things changes are working fine.

Also I noted that we are not using "padding" parameter  passed to decodeRLE4() function.
Not using this padding parameter will cause any problems while decoding?

If it is not needed we can remove "padding" parameter in decodeRLE4() and its calculation in readRLE4().If it is not under the scope of this bug you can raise a new bug for the same.

Thanks,
Jay