[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] <Swing Dev> [9] Review Request: 8180326 Update the tables in java.desktop to be HTML-5 friendly

Jonathan Gibbons jonathan.gibbons at oracle.com
Fri May 12 23:58:55 UTC 2017

Phil,

1. javadoc now provides support for 3 named styles in the default
stylesheet:
         borderless:  no borders
         plain:  simple 1px borders around tables and cells
         striped: reduced borders; rows have alternating white and light
grey backgrounds

2. summary attributes are not legal in HTML 5.
     For accessibility reasons, you should consider having a table
caption instead.

-- Jon