[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [10] RFR JDK-8190512: PngReader incorrectly throws IllegalArgumentException for malformed images with negative dimensions

Jayathirth D V jayathirth.d.v at oracle.com
Thu Nov 9 07:08:10 UTC 2017

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your review.

The encoded string present in test case has only the critical chunks, I have checked and verified the same with Phil also offline and it looks like it doesn't have any text chunks like iTXt, tEXt, and zTXt which may contain copyright information. I have sent mail to submitter also to ask for copyright issues, if any with the provided images. Waiting for the response from submitter. But looking into encoded stream it looks to be safe from copyright issues.

Regarding negative height in IHDR. I think we can't create PNG images with negative IHDR height using ImageIO so I have asked the submitter for another sample image with negative height and non-negative width. I can get such an image I will use encoded stream and update the test case.

Thanks,

Jay