[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [10] RFR JDK-8190332: PngReader throws NegativeArraySizeException/OOM error when IHDR width is very large

Phil Race philip.race at oracle.com
Mon Nov 13 18:35:47 UTC 2017

1676 IndexOutOfBoundsException |

IndexOutOfBoundsException is a specified exception but as such is thrown
outside this try block
so I think you should not re-throw it here but should let it be handled
by the block below. throw new IIOException("BufferOverflow/OOM while
reading"
1683 + " the image"); Whilst that's the issue here I think this message
will look quite odd if what we actually had thrown is something like
ClassCastException so I think you should leave it to the underlying
exception to report the issue. Also I had said to wrap the original
exception, so what I expected was throw new IIOException("Caught
exception during read: ", e); -phil.