[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [12] RFR JDK-8212116: IIOException "tEXt chunk length is not proper" on opening png file

Philip Race philip.race at oracle.com
Thu Dec 6 15:38:56 UTC 2018

There are often cases where a bug is "critical" to one person but
inconsequential to almost everyone else.
That is one of the top reasons people purchase a support contract for
software ..
Also, the only place we can push it (if we were allowed) is to the
Oracle JDK LTS .. it won't appear
in the open sources. You won't see any more Oracle fixes going into 11u.
So if you want this fix in 11u your choices are
1) A support contract with Oracle or someone else offering the same
level of support
2) Build your own JDK and ship it with the fix, making sure your
customers understand
that what you are giving them is your build .. and isn't up to date with
Oracle 11u.

-phil.