[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [11] RFR JDK-8191073: JpegImageReader throws IndexOutOfBoundsException when trying to read image data from tables-only image

Brian Burkhalter brian.burkhalter at oracle.com
Fri Jan 5 23:13:12 UTC 2018

Hi Jay,

On Jan 3, 2018, at 11:06 PM, Jayathirth D V <jayathirth.d.v at oracle.com> wrote:

> Bug : https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8191073
> Webrev : http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jdv/8191073/webrev.00/

General comment: I think it’s better to use “//“ than “/*…*/“ for method-internal comments:

JpegImageReader L373-375, 392-397, 516-519
JpegTablesOnlyReadTest L61-64

As to the fix, is the new tablesOnlyStream boolean really necessary? For example at line 520 in the new version could not one do this
        if (imagePositions.isEmpty()) { // line 520 of new version
            throw new IIOException("No image data present to read");
        }
instead? I don’t see where the value of this variable is used anywhere else.

Thanks,

Brian