[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: Bug Pending: Build fails to compile jchuff.c

Phil Race philip.race at oracle.com
Wed Mar 21 17:56:57 UTC 2018

I prefer the makefile fix, since we don't by policy, make changes to the
imported libraries.

On Jan 23rd [1] I expressed such a tool-chain specific makefile fix
would be fine by me.

Toolchain specific means ideally it would look like what Magnus wrote [2]

Although you said GC 5.4.0 would need to be included in the logic.

If it can be shown to affect current / future versions of gcc then it
could be unqualified.

I think we've just been waiting for a webrev since then ..

-phil.

[1] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/2d-dev/2018-January/008855.html
[2]
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/build-dev/2018-January/020695.html