[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR [11] JDK-8202580: Dashed BasicStroke randomly painted incorrectly, may freeze application

Laurent Bourgès bourges.laurent at gmail.com
Mon May 7 16:27:31 UTC 2018

Phil,

Le dim. 6 mai 2018 à 01:11, Philip Race <philip.race at oracle.com> a écrit :

> Looks fine to me. Did you run the rendering related regression tests ?

I ran all tests in sun/java2d/marlin. What other tests should I run ?
This fix is very low risk as it fixes only the dash array usage.

> I am not sure if a backport to 10 will be approved under the new
> guidelines :
>
> http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk-updates-dev/2018-April/000102.html

Agreed, it is not P1 but the reporter mentioned his swing app was hanging
in some case at startup so this bug causes some stability problems.

It depends on your opinions if it is worth to be fixed asap or not.
Sergey, what do you think ?

Laurent