[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: JDK-8218682 + JDK-8198411: [TEST_BUG] DashOffset fails in mach5 + Two java2d tests are unstable in mach5

Alexey Ivanov alexey.ivanov at oracle.com
Mon Feb 11 09:44:12 UTC 2019

Hi Phil,

On 08/02/2019 21:02, Phil Race wrote:
> can you add
> @key headful
>
> to all these tests ?

Yes, I can if you think it's required.
However, I think we should keep them without @key headful so that
they're run more regularly. BufferedImage can be used in headless
environment.

> I think that the isHeadless() test was not catching the case when some
> VM is in use
> that really should not have run the test.
> The fix is still valid but I think we should have this too. This way
> jtreg won't bother even
> running the test if there's no head.

Isn't isHeadless() used by jtreg itself?
These tests seem to have failed only in Windows where there's no true
headless environment. Recent versions of Windows Server allow installing
the OS without support for desktop environment, it could be the reason
why we see the limited IndexColorModel.

I was thinking whether I shall add a diagnostic message for skipping
VolatileImage when IndexColorModel is in effect…

Regards,
Alexey