[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Problem with user font discovery in Java on Windows 10 17704+.

Mikhail Filippov mikhail.filippov at jetbrains.com
Tue Feb 12 11:23:20 UTC 2019

Java can't find user installed fonts in Windows 10. Starting from Windows 10 Preview Build 17704 fonts are installed into the user's home folder by default, and are listed in user's registry section. This is Microsoft blog post about it: "https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/06/27/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-17704/". I have the fix for this issue in the attached patch but I can’t create bug into https://bugs.openjdk.java.net to link it because I don’t have an account on this service.
--
Mikhail Filippov
Software Developer