[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: 8230873 [AIX] GUI app does not work with UTF-8 locale on minimum software requirements

Langer, Christoph christoph.langer at sap.com
Tue Oct 8 07:32:28 UTC 2019

Hi Ichiroh,

I ran this patch through our test queue and it works fine.

I also checked the output of a simple test program that does GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment().getAvailableFontFamilyNames() which loads the font configuration with -Dsun.java2d.debugfonts=true. I can see that lots of errors/logs like:

Oct 04, 2019 9:59:39 AM sun.awt.X11FontManager getFileNameFromPlatformName
WARNING: ** Registering all font paths because can't find file for -monotype-sanswt-medium-r-normal--*-%d-75-75-*-*-ucs2.cjk_japan-0

are gone now. So it must be good ��

Best regards
Christoph