[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [14] RFR JDK-8232634: [TEST_BUG] ICMColorDataTest runs for a long time

Alexey Ivanov alexey.ivanov at oracle.com
Tue Oct 22 13:09:31 UTC 2019

On 22/10/2019 00:15, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:
> On 10/21/19 3:48 pm, Alexey Ivanov wrote:
>> Yes, I noticed that the test is pretty fast both on Linux and Mac but
>> it's not as fast on Windows. In fact, I reproduced the bug only on
>> Windows and only on 32 bit. The bug was in shared code, that's why
>> the test is not Windows-specific.
>
> Then, isn't it is a product bug on windows rather than a test issue?

That it runs for a long time? It's hard to say… The test has always been
slower on Windows.

The product bug JDK-8201433 was that it could crash and it did on 32 bit
Windows. The test verifies JDK does not crash, it may throw OOME or NPE.

With this patch I'm trying to reduce the time it takes to run the test.

--
Regards,
Alexey