[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: 8247872: Upgrade HarfBuzz to the latest 2.7.2

Philip Race philip.race at oracle.com
Tue Nov 17 18:08:08 UTC 2020

So maybe the actual *usage* of C++11 features slows it down.

I found this :-
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/34179434/is-compiling-with-c11-way-slower-than-with-c98

I really did not even think to measure the build time and I don't
think there's any JDK build parallelism in building a specific native
library.
The build is parallel at a higher level but not at that lower level.

-phil