[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: 8266079: Lanai: AlphaComposite shows differences on Metal compared to OpenGL

Alexey Ushakov avu at openjdk.java.net
Tue Aug 3 20:07:29 UTC 2021

On Tue, 3 Aug 2021 19:53:22 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <serb at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Looks like making MTLLayer opaque by default require much more time that I expected. I tried different things to resolve artefacts that I mentioned before but nothing seems to work. So, I suggest to stick with my latest approach. It passes all the tests and don't break SwingSet2.
>>
>>> BTW Probably implementation of LWWindowPeer.setTextured() should call the updateOpaque() as well.
>>
>> I'll add this change
>
> How to reproduce that artifact?

1. Run SwingSet2
2. Click on all tabs starting from the second one
3. On the tab with swing tree control try to expand some tree nodes -> you'll see black rectangles while performing  the clicks

It may not be reproduced on a first attempt. On my machine it's reproducible with probability at least 50%