[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: 8269951: [macos] Focus not painted in JButton when setBorderPainted(false) is invoked [v4]

Alexander Zuev kizune at openjdk.java.net
Mon Aug 16 18:38:29 UTC 2021

On Mon, 16 Aug 2021 02:15:55 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <serb at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Can you please create of blend of two images, one for common focused button(with border) and another one w/o. Just to check that the border is drawn in the similar location and using similar "shape".

Here is the overlap of two images - with and without borders painted, the without borders painted has 80% opacity so borders look faint. I do not think that the focus ring will always be pixel perfect match with the natively painted - but they are close enough that switching border painting on and off i can not tell difference visually and the new focus ring is always contained within the button shape so it will not disrupt anything beyond it.

![focus1b](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/69642324/129612749-21283e4f-b97e-4aa0-aee1-451b9e60f151.png)