[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: 8266159: macOS ARM + Metal pipeline shows artifacts on Swing Menu with Java L&F

Ajit Ghaisas aghaisas at openjdk.java.net
Mon Jun 7 12:03:36 UTC 2021

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 07:46:30 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <serb at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Is it possible to cover this fix with some automated test? Looks non of existed tests found this issue.

Draw Pixel operation is unpredictable on macOS M1 with metal pipeline if [[point_size]] is not defined. Due to this unpredictability it is difficult to write an automated test.
I have developed a test which successfully detects this failure. It needs to be run with "-Dsun.java2d.uiScale=1.0". I will update the PR soon.