[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: 8189198: Add "forRemoval = true" to Applet API deprecations

Andy Herrick herrick at openjdk.java.net
Wed Mar 17 16:46:49 UTC 2021

On Sun, 14 Mar 2021 12:06:08 GMT, Alan Bateman <alanb at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Have you looked at narrowing the use of the SuppressWarnings to local variable declarations to avoid adding it to some of these methods?

in all cases either:
 - the class or method itself is being deprecated
 - the method takes a deprecated arg .
 - there is no local variable involved, such as testing if something  is an instanceOf a class being deprecated, or calling a deprecated method.

I cannot find any instances where the scope can be narrowed