[aarch64-port-dev ] Minor problem with release build

Andrew Dinn adinn at redhat.com
Mon Jul 8 08:37:57 PDT 2013

On 08/07/13 16:28, Edward Nevill wrote:
> There is a minor problem with the build.
>
> It all builds OK for debug but fails for a release build because of an
> undefined 'new_address' in relocInfo_aarch64.cpp
>
> Attached is a small patch which fixes this.
>
> Could someone review and push please,

Your post doe snto appear to have an atttached patch. However, I believe
the problem is a regression in the merge at Revision: 4715.

I added a patch at Revision: 4709 which relocated the definition of
new_address

      address new_address = target();

so it preceded the #ifdef ASSERT.

The merge appears to have reinstated this line within the scope of the
#ifdef.

If you can confirm that this is the problem then I will push a fix.

regards,

Andrew Dinn
Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat UK Ltd
Directors: Michael Cunningham (USA), Mark Hegarty (Ireland), Matt Parson
(USA), Charlie Peters (USA)