[aarch64-port-dev ] RFR: SEGV in PRODUCT build with NotifySimulator

Andrew Dinn adinn at redhat.com
Mon Jul 15 05:37:25 PDT 2013

On 15/07/13 13:03, Edward Nevill wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The following patch fixes a problem where I get SIGSEGV in a PRODUCT
> build of the BUILTIN_SIM version.
>
> The problem is caused by the incorrect calculation of the return address
> offset when PRODUCT is true.
>
> Please review and commit,

Yes, well spotted. This is quite correct. The return address back into
the call stub will only be offset by -4 from the call stub's own return
instruction if both defined(PRODUCT) AND NotifySimulator == true. Both
conditions govern injection of a notify(method_reentry) between the blr
to Java entry method and the subsequent ret.

I will commit this patch to the C1 branch.

regards,

Andrew Dinn