[aarch64-port-dev ] Aarch64 port for ZGC, so far

White, Derek Derek.White at cavium.com
Fri Nov 30 20:13:17 UTC 2018

Hi Stuart,

Thanks, bug looks good.

Per's suggestion is fine with me.

- Derek

________________________________
From: Stuart Monteith <stuart.monteith at linaro.org>
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2018 6:13 AM
To: White, Derek
Cc: aarch64-port-dev; zgc-dev at openjdk.java.net; Roland Westrelin
Subject: Re: [aarch64-port-dev ] Aarch64 port for ZGC, so far

Hi Derek,
   I've opened https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8214527  - do
you think I've tagged it correctly?

lea() is used in the barrier code - and sometimes it can be as simple
as a register move, see zBarrierSetAssembler_aarch64.cpp for examples.

I did consider putting the test into vm_version_aarch64.cpp - but that
seemed inappropriate. Per has suggested putting it into
zArguments.cpp, so I'll revise it to do that.

Thanks,
    Stuart