hg: amber/amber: hooking records to patterns

Brian Goetz brian.goetz at oracle.com
Fri Apr 6 19:58:52 UTC 2018

You're forgetting field accessor method handles.  You can express
Foo::list as a field getter method handle, but then it has a return type
of ArrayList.  You'd have to asType it to express it with a return type
of List.  Its easy to represent a direct MH in the CP; its harder
(though we can do it now) to represent an asType MH in the CP.

Besides, stable interfaces are a good thing.  (I could try and infer a
method return type at runtime by analyzing its bytecode, but its better
if the method says "I return List".  Same basic deal; the component MHs
are implementation.)