IDE (IntelliJ IDEA) support for Raw String Literals

Kevin Bourrillion kevinb at google.com
Fri Apr 20 18:18:43 UTC 2018

Just to be clear: I assume the intention you're both referring to is really
nothing different from the usual "you have a compilation error and I think
I know how you want to resolve it" situation. Correct?

It is sensible to wonder if something should happen upon typing an interior
backtick to prevent that error from ever happening, but I believe it will
be rare that you are typing that backtick because you actually meant a
literal backtick, so that's what makes it not worth doing.

On the other hand, when I *paste* into the interior of a RSL, I can see
some benefit to automatically plumping up the delimiters in response.
Presumably what I am pasting is literal text that is all meant for the
interior of this literal.

Kevin Bourrillion | Java Librarian | Google, Inc. | kevinb at google.com