deduplicating lambda methods

Brian Goetz brian.goetz at oracle.com
Thu Mar 15 19:00:28 UTC 2018

This seems pleasantly straightforward.

I think we wanted to exclude serializable lambdas from being
deduplicated?  Hopefully that's one more test here:

  369         if (existing != null) {
  370             sym = existing.symbol;

Stats on its effectiveness on a representative corpus would be useful.

Hopefully the hash code is discriminative enough that TreeDiffer doesn't
actually run that often.